Queens West Villager Inc. does not accept advertising that is directly competitive and/or disparaging to the Queens West Villager. The Queens West Villager maintains ultimate editorial control over content and materials which appear on its site, and reserves the right to refuse or withdraw an advertisement or campaign for any reason, at any time, in its sole discretion.
External Links Disclaimer
The Queens West Villager occasionally contains links to external, third party websites for which we are not responsible. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We also cannot vouch for the privacy policies of these sites. We encourage you to read the individual policies. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
The Queens West Villager typically displays images as part of the newspaper. The types of images The Queens West Villager is authorized to use include:
• Images licensed from photographic archive vendors;
• Images supplied to us or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes;
• Reader-submitted images, with the implied representation that the person submitting the image owns the copyright in the image and the right to give it to us for use on our site;
• Images published on Flickr or other public photo sites in instances where the photographer has chosen to license their work under the Creative Commons license;
• Images commissioned by Queens West Villager;
• Images used to illustrate a newsworthy story under the Fair Use doctrine;
• Images where the use is transformative, such as for satire;
• Images so widely distributed on the internet that they are deemed to have become part of the public domain
If you think we have published an image or text that infringes your copyright, we will address your concerns; however, if the image falls into one of the categories listed above, we believe that our use of the image is legitimate and we will not remove it from the site.
Please note that we will respond only to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The text of the Act can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://lcWeb.loc.gov/copyright/
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email with an attached and signed PDF or by fax) that sets forth the items specified below. Please do not send us regular mail, as we may not receive it in a timely fashion. In all cases, if you do not hear a response from us within 10 days of submitting a complaint, please telephone us at (917) 723-4208 to confirm that we received your original complaint.
To enable us to address your concerns, please provide the following information:
1. For each allegedly infringing image or piece of text that you wish to have removed from our site, provide the permanent URL for the page containing the material.
2. Provide information to enable us to contact you: including an email address as well as a telephone contact number.
3. Provide the following information detailing your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing material:
4. Proof of copyright in the image or text concerned, namely proof of registration of the Image under the DMCA,
OR, absent such registration,
1. a detailed description of where the photograph was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, AND
2. Evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright in the image
3. We will not comply with requests to remove an image where the complainant cannot prove that they own the copyright in the image in question.
4. Please e-mail this letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you misrepresent that any material on our sites is infringing your copyrights.
We also reserve the right to publish your letter on Queens West Villager.
Queens West Villager loves our readers, and loves our readers' comments. However, Queens West Villager is a private website, and we reserve the right to delete any comments we find offensive. We strive to maintain an atmosphere of free and open conversation, but inevitably, some comments will take a negative turn. When this happens, we may close the comments section (s) to further comments. If a commenter repeatedly abuses our comment policy, we may ban all of their further comments. Queens West Villager Inc. reserves the right to remove and comment that it feels is inappropriate and this shall be solely at the discretion of Queens West Villager Inc.